Critical Incident- TRAFFIC LIGHTS
When I went to Sicily, I was really excited about it. However, I found various misunderstandings related to traffic rules:
- The first day I went there, my partner’s family took me from the airport to their house, and I was really surprised because they didn’t had sitbells on their cars. I asked my partner what about the sitbell, and she looked so surprised too.
- Also in that first trip, when my partner’s parents were driving us home, I discovered they went really fast. It really surprised me, but I didn’t say anything. All the days after this were the same, they went really fast, even if they were going inside the city.
- One day, when we were hanging out with the catalans and the italians, there was a zebra crossing, and the traffic light was red for the pedestrians. Almost everybody crossed it, but I didn’t because I was used to wait until the light was green. Then I felt like if I was different from the others.
- What happemed in the first paragraph?
- The girl usually fastens her sitbell in the car, and in Italy they don’t follow that rule.
- The partner wanted to make a joke.
- The girl wasn’t used to fasten her sitbell.
- What happened in the second paragraph?
- The girl’s parents drive so slow, and her partner’s parents drove so fast in comparation.
- In Italy they don’t respect much the traffic rules, and they go as fast as they want.
- Her parntner’s parents went fast, but all the other persons go slow.
- What happened in the third paragraph?
- This person didn’t know that in Catania they don’t respect the traffic lights.
- This person’s friends didn’t like her and they wanted to leave her alone.
- This person wanted to be different from the others.
- Who do you think was the one to blame in all the situations?
- There is no one to blame, it was just a misunderstanding.
- The partner, because she didn’t explain how this worked in Catania.
- The girl, because she didn’t study Italy hard enough.